[development] Human readable taxonomy URLs

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sun May 21 13:27:16 UTC 2006

> > Suggestions on how we can make this easier, and how we can make it so
> > that Drupal generates URLs can automatically take advantage of the
> > latest developments in microformats (like Technorati and shortly,
> > Microsoft)?
> >
> > Maybe there should be a checkbox in the taxonomy.module to
> > enable/disable the auto-generation of clean URLs?  Or maybe there
> > should be a better UI to mass alias taxonomy URLs?
>
> You could look at pathauto module and see if it already provides
> automatic aliases for taxo terms. If it does not it should be fairly
> easy to add. I don't think that alias generation should be tied directly
> into taxonomy.module.

Here is  a second vote for pathauto. One of the few modules I can't
live without.

By default, it uses [cat] as the alias, which is just the term name.

It can also get more creative, and use [vocab]/[catpath].

All  that  is missing is we add the part with :

rel="tag"

I guess it is a good feature for sitemenu and the other taxo based
modules.