Fwd: Re: [development] #just_before_validation ?

Earl Dunovant prometheus6 at gmail.com
Sun May 21 18:20:32 UTC 2006

It's amazon.module. Pre FormAPI, I would let users retrieve the title of a
product by leaving the field blank and hitting preview. In hook_validate()
I'd attach the results of a product query to the node object. Now I'm
querying Amazon.com in hook_form_validate() and hook_form_submit(). Frankly,
I just added the hook_form_submit() function last night.

At the moment there some terrible hackery in the module and I'm only
recently seeing my way clear to fixing it. I converted it for FAPI when I
actually need to reorganize it.