[development] Human readable taxonomy URLs

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Mon May 22 06:49:15 UTC 2006

On 5/22/06, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:
> On the node submission form it is really easy to create aliases and I
> use it all the time.  When creating new nodes, I haven't missed the
> pathauto module one second.

The category module might make this easier for you - it creates
categories (i.e. 'terms') as nodes, so you get to enter a URL on the
'add/edit category' page, same as on the 'add/edit' page for any other
node type. This is one of the many advantages of having categories as
nodes, IMO.

> I think it could potentially benefit from better URL alias
> integration.  Like, on the 'list terms' page (administration
> section), it would be very convenient if you could add/edit/maintain
> your term's URL aliases in batch mode.  It sounds like a much more
> interesting feature than say, the synonym terms support or the
> related terms support.

Doing this would be tricky, as it would tie a non-taxonomy-module
feature directly into the taxonomy admin interface. There would have
to be a lot of if(module_exist('path')) checks going on. I also don't
think that there's room for this field in the table on the 'list
terms' page.

Cheers,
Jaza.