[development] dba.module maintenance?

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Mon May 22 10:47:38 UTC 2006

On May 22, 2006, at 3:05 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> I think "radomly" granting access is a very bad idea.

so do i... that's not what i proposed at all. :)

i asked:

a) if anyone's seen jeremy

and

b) if jeremy is reading this thread, what does he think of granting a
few other people (e.g. me and perhaps another qualified developer)
cvs access to dba.

> He/she is the one we can point to in case of security holes or
> issues etc.

right.  and i certainly value (and then some!) all the work jeremy
has put into dba so far.  however, for whatever reasons (all of which
are probably valid and good, and who am i to judge, anyway?), he
hasn't been able to do anything with this module for over a month.
there's a backlog of issues piling up... especially given that 4.7.0
is out and the module still doesn't fully work in 4.7.

> or kindly ask Jeremy to hand over maintainership to somone else.

i'm not trying to take over, i'm just offering to lend a hand.  i'm
also fishing for other volunteers who might offer to lend a hand, and/
or information about the current maintainer (e.g. "oh, dww, you
idiot, don't you realize jeremy is really 'xyz' on IRC, and he
already told you he was going to be gone on vacation for 6 weeks?"). ;)

-derek