[development] Joomla

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Mon May 22 17:44:51 UTC 2006

balachandar muruganantham wrote:

> one thing i love about the joomla is that the installation of their
> module is very easy and it works out the box just like the software
> install with mouse clicks. we need to use that in drupal.

The only simple, portable way I can think of for having self-installing web
software is for the web server to have write access to the filesystem where my
pages and code are stored.  And that's a security risk in most hosted
environments.

Is there some other way that I am not aware of which does not have such risks?