[development] subdomain rewriting

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue May 23 12:04:16 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 23 mei 2006 11:29, schreef Adrian Rossouw:
> On 22 May 2006, at 9:28 PM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> > Any apache and/or rewrite gurus around who did this, or know if
> > this is
> > possible at all?
>
> url() no longer balks at complete urls.
>
> Meaning you can provide a complete alias in the form of 'http://
> term.domain.com/'.
>
> The only missing part is one additional check in the lookup.
>
> ie : $src = db_query(db_result("select src from url_alias where dst='%
> s' or dst='%s'" , $path, "http://$_SERVER[http_host]/$path"));

Yup. Another case where its impossible to do without core hacks.

I tried a lot, created a module that implements abovementioned queries,
modified, to alter the $_GET[1]

I patched pathauto to allow http:// [2] but that is not much use, because of
the nature of the url() and l() calls. They refuse to look at the path, and
make it absolute when required.

So I am now seeing links like http://kaisu.org/http://galloway.kaisu.org
instead of http://galloway.kaisu.org
(the alias is http://galloway.kaisu.org -> taxonomy/term/77)

This is BAD. at least for my case it it. Was this not fixed in 4.7? I though
Drupal handled external urls? Why not in this case, then?

Note that the links above point to a development site, so I cannot guarantee
that you see a representative example there.

In short: So far I am lost, it seems Drupal is not ready for the task I want
it to perform.

I will look at some mod_rewrite hadling now, hope that might prove a better
solution then this one.

Bèr

 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc