[development] dba.module maintenance?

Jeremy Andrews lists at kerneltrap.org
Thu May 25 16:05:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 22 May 2006 00:30:51 -0700
Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net> wrote:

> while we're talking about contrib modules that we wish were
> being more actively maintained, what's up with the
> dba.module (database administration,
> http://drupal.org/node/8482)?

It is in need of some loving, something I've been planning
for months but haven't had/made time for as of yet.  There is
a TODO list in the CHANGELOG of known issues remaining to get
it fully working with 4.7.  As for an official 4.7 release, I
was hoping to do some cleanup of the underlying logic while
retaining functionality -- the code is too messy. Patches to
either end are welcome.

[snip]

> and i've got a minor RTBC
> patch from 9 weeks ago that still hasn't gone in.  anyone
> seen jeremy at kerneltrap recently? ;)

Oops.  I've been on vacation this month, and will be until
early next month.  I've obviously been neglecting the issue
queue.

> jeremy, if you're still around and too busy to deal with
> dba (i know we're all too busy), would you be
> willing/interested in a granting cvs access to anyone else
> to help maintain it?  i'm already spread way too thin, so i
> don't want to actually become the maintainer. however, i
> rely on this module so much (and already know the code well
> enough to have submitted some patches a while ago that were
> committed), that i'd be willing to help commit patches.
> any other volunteers?  anyone available to roll a patch for
> a thorough port to 4.7 (http://drupal.org/node/59073 )?

I too rely on this module, which is why I wrote it.  It's not
one I'm looking to pass on maintainership of, though I'd
certainly welcome help in improving the code, the user
interface, etc...  Anyone interested in CVS access to help
with my goals outlined above can ping me offline.  I'm not
interested in people who plan to just blindly commit patches
from the queue, though someone whose primary focus is getting
the module 100% functional with 4.7 would be welcome.

Cheers,
 -Jeremy