[development] Notes From Worldwide Developer Conference

Jim Riggs drupal-lists at jimandlissa.com
Fri May 26 15:04:35 UTC 2006

On 25 May, 2006, at 16:50, Boris Mann wrote:

> The Gizmo project is SIP and now works with any SIP system, not
> just Gizmo itself.

I have been using Gizmo for some time as a replacement for Skype.  In
general I am much happier with it than I ever was with Skype.  The
biggest plus is that it is not all proprietary.  Being able to use
existing SIP-enabled devices and services rather than only Skype-
proprietary ones is a huge plus.

Maybe next time we can try Gizmo.  Maybe we should just set up a test
conference call and see how the quality compares.  Anyone interested?