[development] Drupal 4.5 unsupported

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Sun May 28 07:39:44 UTC 2006

> They will still be able to find them through our web interface to
> CVS. Maybe they should speak to you about an upgrade...
>
> Interested parties wil observe that there aren't any earlier
> releases than 4.5 listed on drupal.org. Our policy was always to
> support the latest two releases. If we do support, then we offer
> tarballs, if we don't we don't.
>
> Unless something better comes up, I will remove the files tomorrow.

No, you won't.

I don't remember having deleted _any_ old releases.  When did this
become a policy?  When where the other old releases deleted?  Who
decided this?

IMO, it is better to keep old releases around.  People with a clue
know that these might be insecure.  This is such basic knowledge that
believing otherwise is almost insulting.

If you deleted old releases (without asking), you deleted the
original Drupal 1.0.0 and Drupal 2.0.0 release.  These were not in
CVS yet.  I hope that these are still around!

As I mentioned before, with enough people to help, I'd be happy to
commit patches to the DRUPAL-4-5 and DRUPAL-4-6 branch.  Whether it
is officially maintained or not.