[development] Drupal 4.5 unsupported

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Sun May 28 17:37:44 UTC 2006

On 28 May 2006, at 18:11, Khalid B wrote:
> A while back we did a reorganization of  the download area and
> removed all links to old releases, leaving only 4.5, 4.6, 4.7 and
> HEAD.

I'm not saying we are going to support Drupal 4.5 now Drupal 4.7 has
been released.  Drupal 4.5 is not officially supported.  However, I
don't mind committing patches against the Drupal 4.5 branch if there
are enough people providing and testing patches.

I'm just saying that we should leave the old files in place.  We
don't have to link to these files from the download pages, nor do we
have to "promote" these files.   However, it is nice if old links
(eg. the links in the official Drupal 4.5.x announcements) don't break.

The old files will continue to be available at http://ftp.osuosl.org/
pub/drupal/files/projects/.  It is not as accessible as it used to
be, but that's OK.  What matters is that the files are still there
for those who really want them.