[development] CCK per field CRUD settings, caching complexity

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Tue May 30 09:08:00 UTC 2006

On 30 May 2006, at 10:21 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> This is not the same as modules accidently showing something
> because they
> forgot to call a certain filter/hook/etc. Forgetting something is
> done very
> easily. and if your security model is built on top of "hoping that
> loads of
> people are not forgetting stuff", you have a very bad security model.
Umm. unless you intend on building this into the base cck, your own
module
is the only thing that needs to remember anything. If you don't have
the field permissions
module enabled, there will be no field level permissions. period.

I don't believe crud for all fields should be a base feature of cck.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy