[development] GPL policy: request for clarification

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed May 31 13:58:56 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 31 mei 2006 09:49, schreef Gerhard Killesreiter:
> I am ok with the relicensing (but I know that Dries doesn't really like
> it), but what I am not ok with is that you included third party software
> in our cvs.

The most often heard reason why people want to include 3rd party tools is
"that it is easier for installation".
What I am working at (and hopefully together with jmrenouard soon :)) is to
develop a 3rdparty autopuller system.

This is how RoR plugin/engines/tools/ets work in general, and I like it very
well. After/during installation of a Drupal module, that module asks some 3rd
party lib from some location. The install scripts (commandline, in our case)
will pull them in from that remote site, unpack them etc.

Hope this somehow defeats the "but it is easier for installation to have it
all together" arguments.

Bèr