[development] subscribe to a node

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Wed Nov 1 06:36:40 UTC 2006

On 10/31/06, Larry Garfield <larry at garfieldtech.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something here, but if what you want is an RSS feed of nodes
> that you have flagged as "watched" when they change, it sounds like a trivial
> node that uses Views.  I.e., have the module allow a user to flag a node
> as "watched", then create an RSS feed with Views that shows all nodes with a
> watched flag, with an argument for the user, ordered by modified time.  It's
> just a tracker-like feed.
>
> Or am I missing something in the needed functionality?

It's slightly more complex than that, although the theory is the same.
Currently, the subscriptions module also allows you to "watch"
taxonomy terms (good for forums and for a subset of content on a
site).

The discussion here is -- go review the existing subscriptions module
code, review it and give updates, improve as necessary, then get it
installed on Drupal.org.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747