[development] Module maintainer is not available -- how should I go on?

Tobias Toedter t.toedter at gmx.net
Fri Nov 3 20:55:53 UTC 2006

Hi,

it seems to me that the weather module [1] is currently not maintained. The
last commit is two years old, the current code in CVS targets Drupal 4.5.0.
Moreover, the data source used for the weather reports is no longer
available on the internet.

I have written a replacement for that module which works for Drupal 4.7 and
Drupal 5 and tried to contact the original maintainer about the update.
However, I had no luck so far. My request to be added to the developer list
of the module has been unanswered for a week now [2].

Is there any standard procedure for such things, e.g. how long do I have to
wait to take over maintainership of the module?

Regards,
Tobias

[1] http://drupal.org/project/weather
[2] http://drupal.org/node/91575

--
Tobias Toedter   | Your lucky number is 3562364958674928.
Hamburg, Germany | Watch for it everywhere.