[development] Custom email notification module

Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp andrew.hanenkamp at boomer.com
Mon Nov 6 21:47:56 UTC 2006

I've written a custom email notification module for a web site. This
module sends email during hook_cron(). We've implemented a custom
"theme_username()" to rendered usernames with custom information pulled
from the profile module.

However, the theme doesn't seem to be setup when cron runs because the
default implementation is being used instead. Is there a convenient way
of bootstrapping the theme engine or calling a theme method within cron
so that this gets handled correctly? It's either that, or I extract out
the guts of theme_username() and place it in a module or .inc file and
call it that way, but I thought I'd check for using things as is first.

Thanks!

--
Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp
Interaction Developer