[development] relationships API vs i18n

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Fri Nov 10 02:22:05 UTC 2006

> If we do use 'relationships' as the basis for translation, I hope we
> take the time to do it in such a way that taxonomy terms, buddy lists,
> and other kinds of connections can be represented as well.

"take the time"! we have been talking about this for about 5 years. in that
time, i don't recall any core patch for this API.

even a simple nid => nid system would be very helpful. i'm not necessarily
advocating that, but i submit that a decent implementation that exists is
preferable over a great one that doesn't. in other words, i'll take almost
anything thats simple.