[development] Fundamental MySQL changes in Drupal 6 (six)
karen at elderweb.com
Mon Nov 13 16:11:58 UTC 2006
My host, modwest, is still on 4.0 for shared hosting clients. They're great to work with, so I really am not looking for a change. They've just traditionally been cautious/slow about version upgrades. I'd prefer to be on 4.1 or later, but everything else is great and I'm sure they'll get there eventually.
----- Original Message ----
From: Angela Byron <drupal-devel at webchick.net>
To: development at drupal.org
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 10:01:36 AM
Subject: Re: [development] Fundamental MySQL changes in Drupal 6 (six)
On 12-Nov-06, at 3:38 PM, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> After a little chat with Dries on #drupal :
> The plan is to drop MySQL 4.0 support in Drupal 6.0 (note that free
> support already ended for this version of MySQL).
I did a survey of some random hosts I found mentioned in the "2006
hosting providers evaluations" thread: http://drupal.org/node/46707
and the hosting forum.
- Dreamhost: 5.0 or 4.1 for older plans (http://wiki.dreamhost.com/
- GoDaddy: 4.0.24 (http://help.godaddy.com/article.php?article_id=221)
- 1and1: "4" (http://faq.1and1.com/scripting_languages_supported/
mysql_database/1.html) - anyone can confirm this?
- NearlyFreeSpeech.net: 4.1.x (https://www.nearlyfreespeech.net/) -
props for not making me have to hunt around for this info!
- Netfirms: 4.1 (http://www.netfirms.com/web-hosting-advantage-
- Total Choice Hosting: 4.0.12 (http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/
- Servage.net: "v4 & v5" (http://www.servage.net/page/hosting_features/)
- Media Temple: 4.1.11 (http://www.mediatemple.net/webhosting/gs/)
- Site5: "MySQL 4+" (http://www.site5.com/hosting/) -- could someone
confirm which version they run?
- AllCheapWeb.com - 4.0.24 (http://help.securepaynet.net/article.php?
- Siteground: 4.1.21 (http://www.siteground.com/hosting_features.htm)
- TextDrive: 4.1 (http://textdrive.com/hosting/shared)
So of that list of 12, 3 are still using 4.0.x, and a couple more are
Just some data that might or might not be worth factoring into this
More information about the development