[development] Confusion by too many issue queues

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Nov 14 19:12:13 UTC 2006

On Nov 14, 2006, at 9:33 AM, Darrel O'Pry wrote:

> Doesn't change the fact that an issue filed against 'HEAD' will
> probably
> remain in HEAD as HEAD moves forward until closed. Creating a release
> doesn't make the bugs in head disappear. Releasing a major version
> doesn't make the bugs in head go away.

i still think there's value in knowing what version the bug was
reported against in the first place.  if we want to say "show me all
the still-open bugs that were submitted for 4.7.x" we still can, but
we'd know that those are a different class of urgency than the new
bugs reported for 5.x (critical vs. normal vs. minor aside).

it's easy to query for what you want to know if you have a more
specific classification system.

if you just lump everything together into something called "HEAD",
it's impossible to usefully filter the stuff back out again depending
on what you want to know.

that's how i see it...
-derek