[development] tracking projects via CVS

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Tue Nov 14 19:34:32 UTC 2006

Ray Zimmerman wrote:
> If I understand correctly, this branch can no longer be assumed to be
> stable, correct?  For example, I believe there was a 1.0 release of  the
> Views module and now the 4.7 branch is seeing a lot of commits on  it's
> way toward 1.1. Is that still considered a stable branch? How do  I know
> what CVS tag to track for a stable branch? Or Is the  convention going
> to be different for each contrib author?

In this case, DRUPAL-4-7 is stable except to the point where it turns out a fix
I checked in is broken (which it turns out today that one *was*). DRUPAL-4-7
will by rule pretty much always be a little less stable than an actual release,
since one can never be SURE that I didn't check in something that I missed a
ramification of, especially in a project that has as many tendrils into other
pieces as Views. That said, I'm not doing major development in that branch.

When I do the major development, it'll be in DRUPAL-5--2. I don't know that
I'll do Views 2 for 4.7. That's a lot of work.