[development] -- versus - in "new release" system

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Nov 15 09:30:30 UTC 2006

Hello,

I had some branching, tagging and updating fro my contribs scheduled for
today, but as soon as I started readin the scattered documentation on the new
system, I already ran into the first weirdness.

http://drupal.org/node/93999 talks about DRUPAL-4-7--1-0 tags
([CoreCompatibility]--[Major]-[PatchLevel]<-Extra>) while
http://drupal.org/handbook/version-info#contrib tells me to use 4.7.x-1.0
(CoreCompatibility-Major.PatchLevel[-Extra])

first: which one is The one?
second: why is this in two places (documenting something on more places will
result in incompatibility), can I merge these two?
third: can we agree on ONE templating concept, I prefer the default *nix
manpage way: [] = optional, foo | bar == one or the other. The template at
http://drupal.org/handbook/version-info#contrib,
CoreCompatibility-Major.PatchLevel[-Extra] is therefore better then the one
at http://drupal.org/node/93999

Bèr
--

Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
sympal.nl