[development] Drupal 5 installation language files

Jakub Suchy jakub at rtfm.cz
Sat Nov 18 15:55:56 UTC 2006

Konstantin Käfer wrote:
> >"install.po"?  goba had me special case "installer.po" here:

An idea:
Let's include very short translation of first installator page in every
language (5 sentences in 250 languages is not much, especially in
tar.gz). The user will have a choice to select a language (or the
language will be browser detected) and then the installator will
download selected language file for installation (or complete Drupal .po
files).
This way we won't have to include all translations in every distribution
and still the user will have translated installation (and hopefully
whole Drupal)

Does it make sense or is it already implemented? :)

Jakub