[development] How to update DRUPAL-4-7 from CVS?

Jason Flatt drupal at oadae.net
Sat Nov 25 16:17:15 UTC 2006

On Saturday 25 November 2006 01:12, Derek Wright wrote:

> try checking out a fresh copy:
>
> cvs -d[:pserver...] co -r DRUPAL-4-7 drupal
>
> you can also try doing that in place, on top of your existing
> workspace (backup first), and it should work like a cvs update.

I've had this problem before, also, and wiping the directory and checking out
a fresh copy did not help. By about the third update, I had a mixed setup of
4.7 and HEAD, with the update wanting to download every module and theme
available. After several attempts to fix it, I finally just quit using CVS
and went back to the "normal" way.

FYI, I used this as my model, as it was the only thing that made sense to me
at the time: http://www.lullabot.com/articles/cvs_quick_reference
(It seems to have been updated since the last time I used it, 'cause I never
did the diff thing. I concocted a different way of checking for changes.)

--
Jason Flatt
http://www.oadaeh.net/