[development] Attention: Module Developers. Your .info files...

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Mon Nov 27 19:45:05 UTC 2006

The 'package' field is meant entirely for modules that are packaged together.

 From the updating modules page:
> If you assign a package string for your module, on the admin/build/modules
> page it will be listed with other modules with the same category. If you do
> not assign one, it will simply be listed as 'Uncategorized'. Not assigning a
> package for your module is perfectly ok; in general packages are best used
> for modules that are distributed together or are meant to be used together.

If your module stands alone, please simply leave this blank. Perhaps
'Uncategorized' is misnamed. Originally I had this as 'contributed' and I'd
probably just as soon go back to that.

To re-iterate:

If you have a module, and your module has a .info file, and that .info file has
a package line, and that package line is anything other than another module
that 1) also has that package name and 2) needs to be listed with that module,
DO NOT USE the package item. Leave it blank. Having just 1 or 2 modules in a
'package' completely destroys the usability of the modules page.