[development] new CVS branch/tag conventions (was Re: tagadelic 'backport' for 4.7)

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed Oct 4 22:20:29 UTC 2006

On Oct 4, 2006, at 12:55 PM, Gary Feldman wrote:

> I must be missing something simple.

yup.

> Why isn't DRUPAL-4-7 adequate for the branch?

it is adequate for the default, stable branch, just like we've always
used.  those branches will continue to work like they always have.

however, these other branches i'm talking about are for development
and other stable releases of contrib modules that are still
compatible with the same version of drupal core's API.  for example,
read the initial "tagadelic 'backport'" email that started the parent
thread...

furthermore, rtf-handout. ;)

http://drupal.org/files/new_release.pdf

if that's not enough, rtf-issue where i first fought for (and won)
the argument that we need this in contrib:

http://drupal.org/node/58066

in particular, comment #16:
http://drupal.org/node/58066#comment-104663

enjoy,