[development] Aggregator to nodes

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Thu Oct 5 04:01:14 UTC 2006

Khalid B wrote:
> - aggregator2 had a lot of momentum earlier this year, and is 4.7
> compatible
> but not branched for 4.7 so far.

I've used aggregator2 quite a bit in the past with great success in 4.7.
Recently, I've had a couple clients try to use agg2 and say that it was
incredible buggy. Following the issue queue, the author seems to have
gone AWOL and the module is in disarray. It's got a lot of potential and
with some direction and love I think it could be very worthwhile again.

There were talks of moving all RSS parsing code to an API module which
makes a lot of sense. I think for agg2 to be successful again, the RSS
code should be externalized and a few of the major bugs would need to be
squashed.

I haven't used the other two agg modules.

HTH,

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO
Electronic Insight Corporation