[development] Aggregator to nodes

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Oct 5 14:30:11 UTC 2006

On 10/5/06, inkfree press <inkfree at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Boris Mann" wrote:
>
> > Please see https://svn.bryght.com/dev/wiki/DrupalFeedParsing for a summary.
> >
> > budda's feedparser has the cleanest code and looks like a good path forward.
> > However, I would like to see the "feed enabling" approach that David Ayre took
> > under our direction with the "feed_node" module -- see
> > https://svn.bryght.com/dev/browser/feed_node

Works for me, and hasn't been down to my knowledge.

> > The other big thing is the ability to take different actions based on the
> > namespace. For example, examining the feed, seeing it has GeoRSS extensions,
> > and location-enabling nodes that are based on it.
>
> This sounds good.  I wonder, however, whether these kinds of features should
> not be handed off to one of the "trigger-based" modules, like Actions or
> Workflow.

Nope. This is based directly on XML namespaces....the namespaces are
the triggers. It's a similar concept to Actions, but works
differently. Files are similar...different actions depending on MIME
type.

Menu callbacks and hooks are essentially "triggers".

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747