[development] Changes to your 5.0 .info files

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Thu Oct 5 16:10:59 UTC 2006

Over the last couple of days, the core committers have given us some
excellent UI changes which require some minor support in your module
.info files:

[Note: Actually, none of this is required].

1) We now have dependencies. List dependencies in your module.info like so:

dependencies = views

[to make your module require views before it can be enabled].

You can list multiple modules, separated by a comma.

2) We now have package grouping on the module administration page.

If your module is part of a multi-module package (ecommerce and CCK are
super obvious choices) then adding:

package = ecommerce

is a good thing. Modules that are designed for these packages can also
use these keywords.

For now, if your module is basically a standalone module, it is best to
leave this blank and let your module appear 'uncategorized', as a lone
module in a package will not be terribly useful.