[development] Contributions: remove LICENSE.txt

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Sun Oct 8 08:39:41 UTC 2006

On Oct 8, 2006, at 1:22 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> No, it really is 223.
>
>  $ find modules -name INSTALL.txt | xargs rm
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^
>  $ cvs -q up modules -AdP
>  $ find modules -name INSTALL.txt | wc -l
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^
>      223
>
> Maybe you are looking at a DRUPAL-4-7 checkout?

the subject (and content of this thread) is talking about "LICENSE.txt".
your find commands keep talking about INSTALL.txt, the install
instructions.

hence the different numbers. ;)

contrib authors: pay attention to the subject, not the body -- we
want those INSTALL.txt files (sad it's not closer to 500), it's the
LICENSE.txt files that should be removed.

-derek

p.s. coincidentally, i was *just* working on the packaging script for
the new release system and was re-adding this feature just before i
got the original email. ;)