[development] Logging of IRC Channels?

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Mon Oct 9 12:02:36 UTC 2006

> Apparently, since you don't participate in IRC enough, your
> opinion warrants no merit, and the one op decision stands.

You are twisting my words. I said, it stands for now, and I will defer to Dries' decision after the mail (which I just sent) because I was unsure he understood it.

Example from #wikipedia:

#wikipedia - the editors' turf | Status: Up | Public logging -> permaban | #wikicast needs your programs | Tor & CGI:IRC users: /msg an op (see #wikimedia-ops) for voice | #wikipedia-spotlight : real-time collaboration on selected articles | [[Wikipedia:Meetup/Philadelphia_1]] 2006-Nov-04".

It IS fine to have a policy like #swhack or #svn where the channel is logged. I almost never log in these and I am very cautious in what I say. I would not like this on #drupal* .