[development] Logging of IRC Channels?

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 12:38:40 UTC 2006

On 09 Oct 2006, at 13:39, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
>> Can we remove the ban on "talk of consultancy fees" as well?
>
> No. http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/consulting/2006-March/
> 000598.html , see I don't understand the "Pricing" issue?  Note
> that I am not a US lawyer and I am not willing to even discuss
> this, and if I err here then I rather err on the safe side. Use
> private messages to talk about fees.

If companies want to exchange this information in public channels
then that is _their_ business -- even if it is an illegal one.  It is
not our task to control or protect them or to make sure they abide to
(American) law.  Racism is not allowed either -- should we put that
in the channel topic too?  Please, let's get rid of these silly rules.