[development] 2k qps

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Wed Oct 11 04:44:40 UTC 2006

On Oct 10, 2006, at 4:32 PM, Tamir Khason wrote:

> Please share, if 2k qps for loaded drupal for 3k concurrent users is
> OK. My server (2x2G Xeon  1G Ram) goes mad of such load and once a day
> just hanged within second (even did not write err_log). What can it
> be? Might it be core problem?

This isn't a software solution, but bumping up your RAM could buy you
a lot. I don't know what kind of caching you're doing, but more ram
gives you room for (more) query_cache, which is a little thing that
can buy you a lot. IME, once MySQL runs out of ram, the read/write
temps can bring you to a crawl, and then the queries just pile up.
RAM is cheap. Even after you optimize your code, that headroom can
help performance.

Laura