[development] Drupal 5.x Installation is Bad!

Amr Mostafa amr.mostafa at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 07:52:50 UTC 2006

Drupal 4.7.3 doesn't create tables for you.

Drupal needs user/pass for a user who only has access to Drupal's own
database. On other hand, superuser has access to every database on
your mysql/pgsql server.

It's not really hard to have an installer that does everything for
you, but you will need to give it ultimate privilege which is bad
security wise. Drupal tries to balance things.