[development] 2k qps

Richard Morse remorse at partners.org
Wed Oct 11 20:08:52 UTC 2006

At one point I ran into an issue where my server kept hanging.  The
load average didn't go up quite so quickly as yours, but it would
climb up.  The problem turned out to be that the version of MySQL I
was using had an issue where queries that involved inner joins with
views (especially when those views were made of some 20+ inner joins
themselves) would never return.  Do you have any odd modules
enabled?  Any you wrote yourself?  I solved it my upgrading MySQL
(well, my first solution was to change the database structure to
realize a view every hour using cron, but when I upgraded and the bug
went away, I went back to the view).

HTH,
Ricky