[development] What is the similiar Joomla-Mambot in Drupal?

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Thu Oct 12 02:21:49 UTC 2006

On 10/11/06, Drupal Indonesia <support at drupal-id.com> wrote:
> I want to extend blogger.module with blogheader feature. What do I need is
> something like mambot in Joomla. The mambot can add on before/after a page.
> So, when use click on http://localhost/drupal/blog/2 then the Blogheader (this
> is a new field on the user profiles) will be displayed on the top of this blog
> page.
>
> I need any doc or link that can help me doing this task in Drupal. Better if oen
> can show me any Drupal module that work like mambot.

A Mambot is a "small, task-oriented function for Joomla! software.
Joomla! mambot intercepts content and manipulates it in some way
before it's displayed. Joomla! provides a number of Mambots in the
core distribution."

Therefore, there are many ways in Drupal to do these things:

- hook_init() http://api.drupal.org/api/4.7/function/hook_init

- hook_footer() http://api.drupal.org/api/4.7/function/hook_footer

- Conditional PHP in page.tpl.php