[development] install should optionally create the database

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Thu Oct 12 13:02:13 UTC 2006

(Changed the topic to match the other because that one is better -- hope
that doesn't screw up threading )

On 10/12/2006 1:03:20 AM, Kamal Mustafa (kamal.mustafa at gmail.com) wrote:
> what I'm
> thinking about.
> it's does not worth the effort. everyone that
> need to set up a website should at least know how to create the db,
> either through the console or their admin cp. For those who don't
> know, we can just direct them to their control panel documentation or
> the rdbms documentation.

In another post, Dries said he thought it was worth it, so I guess we're
outvoted. ;)

I guess he's right that it would be nice to have the choice. If it would
work on my system, I wouldn't mind having the db created just to make test
sites easier. I'm curious, though, is there anyone out there on shared
hosting that this would work for? Both A Small Orange and Site5 that I've
been on have a special interface for creating databases. I can't even create
a new one through SQLYog.

Michelle