[development] install should optionally create the database

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Thu Oct 12 18:28:09 UTC 2006

Kevin Bullock wrote:
> My thoughts on this thread:
>
> 1. Sending a DBA username and password over a cleartext channel is bad.
> Users would do it without reading warnings if the feature is available,
> and their passwords would get out. -1 to requiring a DBA password via
> Web form.

Let's avoid submitting -1 or +1 on things that haven't even been proposed.
Thats just going to attract more mindless votes and discussion and lead the
conversation to nowhereland. You are the first person to mention *requiring*
a DBA password.

Later in this post you approve of optionally letting the installer create a
DB. Would be more productive to start the post with this opinion. Why start
so negative? I think this is just the urge to debate, but IMO is not so
helpful on a 1000 person mailing list such as this.

I will mellow out now.