[development] Please suggest user experience improvement patches for: managing large list of items, and discovering Drupal administration settings

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Mon Oct 16 03:28:50 UTC 2006

Kieran Lal wrote:
> Hello, there are hundreds, possibly thousands of available patches in
> the queue for head.
>
> If there are patches available that address managing large lists of
> items (users, nodes, comments, groups, blocks, menus) then please help
> identify them.
> Also, if there are patches that help in the discovery of Drupal
> settings for administrators please help to identify those patches as
> well.
1. [Users] - Some mass user operations just went in from
http://drupal.org/node/89323. I've got a small usability fix for that at
http://drupal.org/node/89356 that could use a review.

2. [Common] - There really needs to be a common select all / deselect
all for user/node operations. Since we can filter what we want, you
could create a list, hit select all and be done with it.
http://drupal.org/node/84961 looks like the jQuery issue for that. We
should have this on node, user, comments, and permissions pages.
Shouldn't be too difficult to do.

-Rob