[development] Please suggest user experience improvement patches for: managing large list of items, and discovering Drupal administration settings

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 06:51:34 UTC 2006

On 14 Oct 2006, at 18:33, Kieran Lal wrote:

> If there are patches available that address managing large lists of
> items (users, nodes, comments, groups, blocks, menus) then please
> help identify them.
> Also, if there are patches that help in the discovery of Drupal
> settings for administrators please help to identify those patches
> as well.

1. I'm not sure there is a patch for it, but managing URL aliases can
be a bit of a pain (eg. URL aliases for taxonomy terms -- and
folksonomies in particular).

2. The watchdog is a really large list of events that is hard to
consume.

Really large lists of items need a search functionality: users, nodes
and comments have a search functionality, but there is no such thing
for path aliases or watchdog events.

Hope that helps, but chances are this was rather obvious.  ;-)