[development] Incorporate RoleAssign module into User module?

Thomas Barregren thomas at webbredaktoren.se
Thu Oct 19 15:45:29 UTC 2006

Hi everyone,

It has been suggested [1] to me that the RoleAssign module [2] of mine
should be part of core.

RoleAssign introduce the |assign roles| permission. While editing a
user's account information, a user with this permission will be able to
select roles for the user from a set of available roles. Roles available
are configured by users with the |administer access control| permission.
Thus, RoleAssign lets site administrators delegate assignment of
selected roles.

I see the point to incorporate this kind of functionality with the User
module. So now I am wondering if there is any support for that idea.

Regards,
Thomas <http://drupal.org/user/16678>

[1] http://drupal.org/node/89333#comment-147351
[2] http://drupal.org/project/roleassign