[development] MIT licensed widgets in d.o GPL repo?

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Fri Oct 20 08:14:41 UTC 2006

Chris Johnson wrote:
> I believe that the policy on anything in the drupal.org repository is
> that it must be GPL licensed.  Even something with a more liberal
> license, such as an MIT-licensed widget, would not be allowed.
>
> Is that correct?

Yes.

And then no again. If you, as a contributor, re-release the MIT licensed
stuff under GPL you can commit it. I believe that such a re-release is
possible with certain MIT type licenses.

If you choose this route, you shoudl probably document it rather well.

In general, we'd prefer you'd not do it, I guess.

Cheers,
	Gerhard