[development] Slight API change in 4.6.10 and 4.7.4

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 13:19:21 UTC 2006

On 19 Oct 2006, at 16:59, inkfree press wrote:
> That would really seem like information which should have been
> prepared
> before the release, and then submitted or posted along with the
> update.  I
> know this is the 'dev' list, and so converting modules and such is
> important
> for readers of this list.  However, from a "user"/"administrator"
> point of
> view, "converting" modules is not on the radar.

We spent quite a bit of time preparing these patches, and debating
the pro and cons.  Heine et al have been a godsend.  Sometimes, stuff
like this happens, and when it happens, the reaction should not be to
bash the security team, but to collaboratively focus on fixing the
affected modules.

That said, we're open for suggestions, and we'll take these into
account in future.  Also, if you want to play an active role in the
security team, you can sign up by sending us an e-mail.