[development] Do we want still want to release Drupal 5?

Fernando Silva fsilva.pt at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 15:22:51 UTC 2006

There are still 18 pages of bugs
http://drupal.org/project/issues?projects=3060&states=1&categories=bug

On the last few weeks I was able to re-classify about 4 pages, but new bugs
are always entering the queue. I think that the ideal time to release a very
credible and stable Drupal 5 would be when all these issues were checked
until we had (for example) 2 or 3 pages.

Remember that there are many issues against older releases that *SHOULD* be
checked against HEAD to make sure the HEAD is correct. Only after, backports
to correct the issue could be done to previous releases.

Regards,
  Fernando Silva