[development] Default core theme

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Wed Oct 25 04:36:16 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 15:06, Farsheed wrote:
> > If there's resistance to putting in two "new"
> > themes, then one of us
> > could probably easily port something like Bluemarine
> > to Zen and
> > include it that way.
> >
> > -Angie
>
> Someone has already ported bluemarine to zen/holy
> grail layout:
>
> http://drupal.org/project/holygrail

That someone would be me. :-)  And as that theme's author, I can say it's not
really production-usable.  There are some bugs that have been noted against
it where it dies a horrible death in IE.  I'm not sure if that's due to
issues in the original ALA design or in my port (and why I didn't see them
during development I don't know either), but I've really not had time lately
to fix them.  (Patches always welcome. </plug>)

A better-implemented Zen-like CSS version of Bluemarine like Angie is
proposing would be fine by me, and assuming it breaks less than holygrail I'd
probably officially deprecate holygrail in favor of it.  I make no claims of
being a CSS layout ninja. :-)  As long as there's a good base for doing
CSS-based designs without starting from scratch, I'm happy.

As I've said before, I *like* Bluemarine when I'm doing development.  It's
dull, boring, and gets out of my way so that I can focus on the code, knowing
every time look at the browser that I'm developing to a temporary look.
Please, let's keep some Bluemarine-like theme in core for exactly that
reason, whatever it's internal code structure is. :-)

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson