[development] Counting .info files [Was: Documenting contribs]

Tobias Toedter t.toedter at gmx.net
Wed Oct 25 21:26:00 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 23:13, Earl Miles wrote:
> inkfree press wrote:
> > "Moshe Weitzman" wrote:
> >>I like reuse of .info files because it centralizes project metadata. We
> >>probably need some more metadata fields.
> >
> > An excellent point.  (One file to rule them all. One file to bind
> > them.)[*]
> >
> > The problem is:  Out of 354 modules just checked, only _3_ use this
> > file at all:
> >
> >     refresh.info
> >     kml.info
> >     georss.info
>
> There must be a problem with your search; many more modules than that
> have .info files already. At the very least views and panels have .info
> files in the TRUNK version (though not in 4.7 because they are not
> needed in 4.7)

Hi,

a quick search in the contributions/modules/ directory (current CVS trunk
checkout) gives the following results:

contributions/modules$ find -name "*\.module" | wc -l
1159
contributions/modules$ find -name "*\.info" | wc -l
169

Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Toedter   | Your lucky number is 3562364958674928.
Hamburg, Germany | Watch for it everywhere.