[development] Counting .info files [Was: Documenting contribs]

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Thu Oct 26 02:43:55 UTC 2006

On 10/25/06, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:
> > Back to the original topic, I recommend that any project description
> > revisions be conducted as informal "reviews" that are posted to the
> > module's issue queue and can then be accepted, rejected, or modified by
> > the maintainer. This preserves the contributors' autonomy while
> > encouraging quality improvements. I do agree that the module
> > descriptions are often of poor quality.
>
> michelle and friends are *volunteering* to *improve our site* with *more
> accurate project descriptions*. the process above is cumbersome and almost
> guarantees that almost few descriptions get changed. less friction please.

Michelle, we may as well take this back to documentation. Myself and
Kieran have done this over time, generally without pre-notifying
maintainers, etc.. e.g. look at Event, which has manual links to
dependent modules, etc. Although, looking at it, I took out the
"recommended" link to flexinode...and replace it to one for CCK.

If it doesn't involve issues, it's usually best to keep it off the dev list :P

-- Boris Mann