[development] Counting .info files [Was: Documenting contribs]

Michelle Cox mcox at charter.net
Thu Oct 26 16:03:23 UTC 2006

On 10/26/2006 4:28:57 AM, Thomas Barregren (thomas at webbredaktoren.se) wrote:
> If we are encouraging people to edit each others module description (or
> handbook pages for that matter), I would very much like to see an
> opportunity to register for an e-mail upon change, very much like how it
> works on Wikipedia. In that way, a maintainer (or any other interested)
>  would automatically be informed every time a change is made. That is
> particularly important to make it possible to see small changes which
> otherwise could go undetected for a long period of time.

I don't think this is possible with the current infrastructure. I'm emailing
the maintainers if I make major changes that they'll want to review. I'm not
emailing every one I'm adding a break tag to, though.

> I also would
> like to see reversion management of the pages, again very much like how
> it works on Wikipedia. What do you other guys say?

There are revisions built in. If the maintainer doesn't like the changes, it
can be reverted.

Michelle