[development] Contrib module clean up - Status report

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu Oct 26 22:30:12 UTC 2006

Michelle Cox wrote:
> On 10/26/2006 4:58:37 PM, Chris Kennedy (chrisken at mail.utexas.edu) wrote:
>> How difficult would it be to patch project.module to display the date of
>> the last commit and/or release on the teaser page for each module, next
>> to the "Download", "Find out more" links (or next to the module title)?
>>
>> The last release date is shown on the full project page already so it
>> seems like automating this functionality would be best, rather than a
>> one-time update. I will volunteer to code a patch if it would be helpful
>> and/or if Derek is busy.
>
> I like this idea.
>
> On IRC just a bit ago, Derek said "i'll be gone until at least friday
> night, maybe not until early next week". I don't know if that includes
> gone from email, too, but thought I'd mention it in case he doesn't
> respond.

This was discussed before, and Angie opened an issue. Dries suggested a
short textual information box, which would show some health indicators
of the project (like number of maintainers, last commit, etc). You
should loook up that issue. This is definitely a good idea, we need
people to code it.

The image:
http://buytaert.net/temporary/project-information-at-a-glance.png

The thread:
http://lists.drupal.org/archives/development/2006-08/threads.html#00684

The issue:
http://drupal.org/node/79550

This should probably get implemented incrementally, not all at once by
the way.

Gabor