[development] possible theme?

Trae McCombs traemccombs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:30:34 UTC 2006

Good Morning!

I have checked the site out and noticed that some of my suggestions have
been taken into consideration, thank you very much.  At the risk of pushing
my luck though... here are a few more observations :)

1.) Too much padding now below login button. :)
Before things were almost touching, now there is way too much padding
between the login button and the Create new account text.

2.) Tabs are better! - Position though...
Again, anyone can nit-pick this stuff, my suggestion would be to align the
tabs with the content on the left.  Either that, or you have to indent your
"Submitted by" to have the same indention as your Tabs.  You need a
repeating convention to keep things linear and interesting.  Otherwise that
element just sits in the wind and flaps :)

Solution:
a. Keep tabs where they are, align "submitted by" with them by padding-left
on .node .submitted
b. Align tabs with main content.

3.)  Search box...
Needs more padding above it.  It should be centered within the $site_name
text otherwise, again it's an element that is out in the wind by itself.
Every element you have on the page should correspond to something.  It's a
yen/yang thing.

4.) Blocks
Something needs to go on here... it's not bad but... The problem with extra
padding at the top for separation is.. you force the block down past the
elements on the left.  Do they HAVE to line up?  Not really, but it sure
does help with symmetry.  maybe 10px more top padding might give the blocks
the proper seperation they need, but I'm not sure.  (don't have time to futz
with it just now)

5.) Footer padding.
Don't give in to Darth Moshe!  heh.  Keep the padding where it's enough to
have the text breathe.  Elements need to have proper whitespace, or else
they die a hard death and we, the reader of content pay with strain on our
eyes.

I think that's enough feedback for now :)

peace love and bananas....
Trae [The Artist Formerly KNOWN as occy]
On 9/1/06, Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Wow!  That is nice.  I'd give that 5+ if it could be semi-fluid
> >> (minimum and maximum widths, instead of fixed-width).
> > I agree. I really like the direction that theme is going. Get a
> > fluid layout and a bit more filled out and I could see that being a
> > definite 5.
>
> What part of "don't side track the discussion" don't you understand?
> If you want to discuss an alternative theme, create a new thread.
> Please.

Steven, that had to have left a bruise!  :)

--

--
    Trae McCombs || http://occy.net/
  Founder - Themes.org // Linux.com