[development] forum posts vs. support issues (was: Why we shouldn't close all issues without proper review.)

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed Sep 6 07:30:39 UTC 2006

On Sep 5, 2006, at 11:35 PM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

>  - Make the project module automatically maintain a system
> vocabulary called 'project' where each project name corresponds
> with a 'term'.  Then allow people to categorize forum topics using
> the project vocabulary.
>
>  - Extend the project pages with a link: 'show all forum topics
> about $project'.

sounds nice.  the only problem is a namespace collision.  project
already creates a system volcabulary called "project" which is the
(rather wonky, all things considered) module categorization system.

i think this new proposal for the system-wide "project" taxonomy
makes more sense to be called "project".  what's currently called
"project" should probably be renamed "project types" (or something).

otherwise, this seems like a nice addition.  unless there are major
objections in the next day or so, someone should submit this as a
feature request (this time against project.module *grin*) http://
drupal.org/node/add/project_issue/project/feature

thanks,
-derek (dww)