[development] Microsoft SQL Support added

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Sep 6 09:00:39 UTC 2006

Peter Heinrich wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I've done a quick hack to support MS-SQL-Server, since my company needed
> that functionality.

Unfortunately, it is indeed a hack. You change several sql queries. This
will affect either the results and/or the performance.

> I know, that MS-SQL was supported in earlier versions and that you
> decided to drop it.

We dropped it because we lacked a maintainer.

> Since only minor changes to the system were necessary I believe that
> supporting this database
> would not take so much.

If you can work more on it and preferably avoid changing any queries in
core I suggest that you create a contrib project for this. We can then
evaluate the popularity of this and then include it in the release after
  that.

Cheers,
	Gerhard